Paediatric First Aid
SCQF level 6 Award in Paediatric First Aid
A 2 day (12 hour) qualification in first aid of paediatrics to equip the candidate with the skills to be able to recognise and respond to a first aid emergency safely and efficiently.
This course has been designed for professional carers of children that work as nursery practitioners, childminders, crèche workers, playschool staff or those working in a day-care setting.
- Role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Appropriate contents of a first aid box
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Breathing problems
- BLS and CPR
- Poisonous and toxic substances
- Bites and Stings
- Foreign body in ear, nose and eyes
- Electric shock
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- Burns and scalds
- Diabetic emergency
- Allergic reaction
- Febrile convulsions
- Incident recording and reporting
Book A Course With Us
Looking For Emergency Paediatric First Aid Training?